Friday, May 24, 2013

June Artists at Calvert Library (press release)

May 28, 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:  Robyn Truslow

410-535-0291

 

Calvert Library will be displaying the work of two local photographers, Joann Bostic and Guy Stephens.  During the month of June, the Twin Beaches Branch in Chesapeake Beach will host Joann’s photographs.  Joann lives in Chesapeake Beach and is a Special Education teacher in Calvert County.  “I have been taking pictures for a number of years of my family, places that I have traveled to and anything I see around me.  I enjoy taking pictures and sharing them with family and friends and now I would love to be able to share my pictures with others.  I welcome all to come to the library in Chesapeake Beach during the month of June to see a sample of the kinds of pictures I take.  I hope you enjoy looking at my photographs as much as I have enjoyed taking them.”

 

The photography of Guy Stephens will be on display at Calvert Library in Prince Frederick during the months of June and July.  You may know Guy through his business, Southern Maryland Photography, or through the Calvert Photography Club, of which he is a past president.  Whether it’s a Polaroid One Step from his past or the current Nikon DSLR, Guy has always loved capturing the moment.  With his interest in technology and the internet, the change in photography to the digital format became an important intersection and was part of the driving force of his passion.  The birth of his first child, Cooper, turned his hobby into something more and his family greatly impacts when and where he shoots.  Southern Maryland has also been a large influence on his photography.  Guy’s family moved here in 1978 and he loves the culture and influence of the Chesapeake Bay on the area, from the workboats and watermen to the lighthouse and crab feasts.

 

Come enjoy the perspective of these two local photographers, maybe you’ll see something from a new angle or feel the urge to push a shutter button yourself!

 

###

 

 

Robyn Truslow

Public Relations Coordinator

Calvert Library

850 Costley Way

Prince Frederick, MD  20678

Phone 410-535-0291

Fax 410-535-3022

rtruslow@somd.lib.md.us

Calvert Library…your destination for imagination, information and inspiration!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment